Social Media Specialist
* A writing sample is required with submission of application for this position.
** No relocation available for this position.
The Social Media Specialist will develop, implement and manage the organization’s social media strategy to develop brand awareness and to further the message of the ministry. This role works within the Creative Communications Agency (CCA) and services both Family Life Radio and Intentional Living ministries to support their respective missions, ensuring brand aligned voice that engages current and potential constituents.
- Builds community of engaged constituents on several social properties including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, etc
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Social Media Specialist will develop, refine and implement Family Life Communications social media strategy to generate incoming traffic to the organization’s social channels, and websites
- Boosts brand awareness, and engagement through the organization’s social media channels. This will include writing, monitoring, managing, and creating engagement through compelling brand aligned content on a frequent and ongoing basis
- Champions an internal social media content team. Develops and manages brand aligned messaging and campaign strategies for the team and ensures relevant social media techniques are implemented
- Works with the Web Administrator to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are present on the organization’s web properties and kept up to date
- Becomes an advocate of the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Monitor and engage in online conversations to promote ministry brand and effective communications.
- Work with internal Ministry and Development teams to implement strategies to promote products or categories through social media.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive social media messaging calendar and ensures all deadlines are met
- Collects program metrics; monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results; regularly provides feedback regarding insights gained from social media monitoring into the CCA and Content teams, to help them advance their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitors trends in social media tools and applications
- Assists in design and implementation of creative and compelling content such as blog posts, wall posts, tweets, video, infographics, and other communications that are appropriate for the social channel
- Effectively articulates FLC’s mission and strategic goals to key audiences including, but not limited to: constituents, donors, other nonprofit organizations, and ministry partners
- Maintains integrity and professional code of ethics required as a positive reflection of the ministry
- Effectively and professionally represents FLC. Requires maturity, poise, professionalism, initiative and flexibility to handle complex situations and sensitivity to handle confidential information
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Marketing, New Media, or related field; or combination of education & experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in social media work; including experience blogging and building relationships with bloggers
- Experience writing and editing web content
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of best practices across all major social media outlets including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other social media analytics tools
- Knowledge of blogging tools, particularly WordPress.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Must possess excellent writing skills including superior spelling and grammar
- SEO knowledge
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must support FLC Core Values & Beliefs and be able to communicate in the voice of the ministry
- Proficient in content research
- Must possess a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work well in a team, multi-task, and meet deadlines
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please send cover letter and resume to:
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
Job Application Form (Word Format, 220 KB)
Job Application Form (PDF Format, 42 KB)