Family Life Radio Member Nancy says God is speaking to her through Jason Gray‘s song Glow in the Dark.
Steven McWhirter from Iron Bell shares the story behind their song God That Saves.
Social Media Relief
If you want to take a little Facebook break from all the political fights, but you really don’t want to unfriend of bunch of people, here are 3 simple things you can try:
1. You can hide or un-follow a post or profile by clicking on the top right arrow on your friend’s post.
2. Download the “Remove All Politics From Facebook” Chrome extension. This allows you to remove “all politics” from your Facebook feed.
3. Try the “Social Fixer” plugin. Social Fixer allows Facebook users to customize their new feeds, allowing them to block certain topics from appearing on their home page.
God is using Casting Crowns‘ song Praise You in This Storm to speak to Family Life Radio Member Robert.
Now playing on Family Life Radio: Mandisa‘s song Unfinished.
“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Phil 1:6
A mom overseas says two words kept her kids safe from a potential abduction, but those words were not “Stranger Danger.” Instead she teaches them to beware of “Tricky People.” It’s all spelled out on the blog Safely Ever After.
Knowledge Is Power
- Remind your children safe grownups don’t ask kids for help.
- Never leave young children unsupervised .. Not even for a minute.
- Replace the word stranger with tricky person. It’s not what someone looks like, it’s what they say or want to do with a child that makes them unsafe or tricky.
- A tricky person can be someone you know well .. or not at all.
- Listen to your child. If they don’t want to be around a particular person, they may be getting a red flag signal from them.
- Be mindful of settings where older children have a lot of privacy with younger children.
- Practice personal safety strategies with your kids, like what to do if they get lost in a store.
- Do NOT write your child’s name on the outside of any personal belongings.
- Older children should always use the buddy system.
- The uh-oh feeling – Trust your instincts & let your child know it’s okay to trust theirs.
- Establish a family rule: No Secrets Allowed.
- Let children decide for themselves how they want to express affection.
- Spend time with your kids. Children starved for affection can be especially vulnerable to a predator’s tricks.
- Volunteer at your child’s school so they’ll feel safe coming to you.
- Develop strong communication skills.
- Teach safety concepts in a loving, easy-going manner. Scare tactics can be counter-productive.
Family Life Radio Member Doreen says God is using Ryan Stevenson’s song Eye of the Storm to speak to her.