Please pray for Tamara as she shares why MercyMe’s song; I Can Only Imagine is ministering to her right now.
Capitol Recording Artist Jeremy Camp chats up P&S this morning to talk about The Answer Tour, an answer to prayer, & to crush Peter on the Morning Show Bible Challenge!
Back To School Tips
Sending kids back-to-school can be a tough time, for the kids & for mom & dad. The American Academy of Pediatrics says there are a few things you can do to make it easier. We’ve included some of the top tips below. You can get the rest here.
Before School Starts
- Don’t wait until the first day of class to ask for help. Schools are almost always open early to address concerns. You can even take kids in early to get a look at their classroom & locker.
- Accentuate the positive! They will see old friends & meet new ones.
- Find a buddy your child can walk to school or ride on the bus with.
- Drive your child to school on the first day – & maybe pick them up too.
- Touch base with the new teacher.
- Start the sleep/wake-up schedule a week or so ahead of time.
- Choose a backpack with wide, padded shoulder straps & a padded back.
- Pack light.
- Always use both shoulder straps.
- Adjust the pack so that the bottom sits at your child’s waist.
- Children should always board & exit at locations that provide safe access to the bus or to the school building.
- Make sure they walk where they can see the bus driver.
- Look both ways before entering traffic.
- Make sure you check the cafeteria menus, which many schools post online. That helps with planning.
- Look into what is offered inside & outside of the cafeteria, including vending machines.
Homework & Study Habits
- Create a good environment, including a consistent work space that’s quiet.
- Schedule ample time for homework; build this time into extra-curricular activities.
- Supervise computer & Internet use.
This morning we spoke with Syrian asylum seeker and artist Nada Odeh about simple ways to show the love of Jesus to the refugee community here and across the globe! This is a sample of Nada’s painting…from a series called Refugee Royalty Camp.[huge_it_portfolio id=”1″]