The Program Director/National On-Air Host in Tucson, Arizona will, under the guidance of the Chief Broadcast Engagement Officer, oversee format, music, news, programming, and announcer performance of the network and its radio stations. Develops and maintains a network on-air personality that presents a brand-aligned message meeting the needs and tastes of the target audience(s). The On-Air Show Host encourages and connects interactively with the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s mission to affirm faith, provide hope and encourage growth in Christ. Develops and presents an engaging On-Air program; makes personal appearances in order to promote the program and the ministry.
- Builds relationships with the listener on the air utilizing regular interactive feedback from listeners.
- Supervises, encourages and equips the on-air ministry team including off-campus contracted voice trackers. This includes participating in recruitment, selection, training, development, performance evaluation, documentation and discipline of all on-air staff in accordance with Ministry policy and procedure and in compliance with applicable federal, state and municipal law. This includes regular analysis of air checks of all network on-air hosts.
- Serves in creative partnership with Chief Engagement Officer in development of content and execution of campaign strategy for the fulfillment of mission throughout the Broadcast Engagement Department.
- Develops and presents a daily, five-hour, listener-focused, Christ-centered On-Air drive program; effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates a capability of running the broadcast board and interacting with the technical environment; including pre-show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Makes personal appearances.
- Voice tracks weekend program
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes early mornings and weekend work)
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
- Assists in cultivating donor relations through personal phone calls and written communications
- Creates and manages written content for FLR blogging sites
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting or related field or equivalent education and experience;
- 5 years directing music and programming at Christian music formatted radio stations;
- 5 years of radio station (or network) hosting of music shift;
- 5 years increasing management responsibility;
- 3 years supervisory experience;
- On-air announcing ability to perform the Preeminent Standard of Interactive Broadcast Ministry.
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter and audio sample and resume to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)