We’re sharing summer camp memories. Johnny says he remembers learning how Leech lake got its name and the long time it took to get the leeches off.
Stacey remembers waking in the morning after falling off the top bunk in the middle of the night and falling onto a skit prop (car jack). Another summer, she fell off a horse (ouch)!
(Mascara alert) Stacey shared this beautiful prayer, written by Kate Battistelli for her grand daughter, Audrey Jane. If you’re thinking you’ve heard that name before, Kate is Francesca’s mom. We play Francesca Battistelli’s music right here on Family Life Radio.
Here’s my prayer for you:
- I pray you will come to know Christ at an early age and relentlessly pursue Him until your last breath.
- I pray you will know your calling early and follow hard after it.
- I pray you will dream big, pray hard and love ferociously every day you’re on this planet.
- I pray you will know you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
- I pray your life will be marked with humility, honesty and integrity. Living thus will require you to go against the flow but I already know you are incredibly strong and fearless.
- I pray that maintaining purity will be important to you. The culture will try to drag you down and convince you to devalue virtue but I’m praying you will be strong and resist every temptation. Learn this early: The culture is not your BFF.
- I pray you’ll be a generous woman and will give to others no matter what because you’ll know that everything you have, everything you’ve been given, is a gift from God.
- I pray, like your mom and dad, you’ll be a world changer. Your life is incredibly important to God and He has something special that only you can do. In fact, He created you to do it before the foundation of the world.
- I pray you will always use wisdom with your words. Words either build up or tear down, they either speak life or death. Choose carefully.
- I pray you’ll continue to grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man. Pursue wisdom and hold her close.
- I pray you’ll have a strong sense of discernment and the ability to clearly hear God’s voice. And to obey quickly.
- I pray you will honor your mother and father that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- I pray you will always love and and be a friend to your big brother, Matthew Elijah. He is incredible and amazing and precious to God too.
- No matter what God calls you to do, I pray you’ll do it fearlessly. Or, just do it afraid. But do it. And refuse to compromise the truth.
- I pray you will always choose to do the right thing, even when it costs you.
- I pray you will always keep your word and honor your commitments.
- I pray you will never be afraid to believe the impossible. I pray you’ll always be willing to take the God Dare.
- You are of royal heritage and you will get to know your King and Father as you grow. Don’t ever forget you really are a princess which comes with great privilege but also great responsibility. You are a princess because your Father is a King. So I’m praying you will lead but serve. Don’t be afraid to wash feet. Don’t be afraid to go into all the world and love the unloveable.
- I pray you will live like you mean it.
- Most importantly, I pray you will love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. Because this is the main thing and the foundation for life.