“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”
– Psalm 34:18
As a nation we’ve watched hurricanes and floods ravage our coastlines and beyond. In their aftermath, we see so much destruction that it can be hard to know how to help and where to start.
Our hope is not in the things of this world but in a God who is mighty to save and eager to restore.
This week Dr. Randy Carlson spoke with John Hull, a long time Christian radio veteran and currently the Senior Director of Mentoring at KSBJ Radio in Houston. As he reminded us, in any storm or trial we can all pray.
Listen to the whole interview here:
- Emotional and physical healing for those directly affected
- Protection for first responders, emergency and disaster relief personnel
- Provision for needed supplies
- Praise for those who are already serving and giving out of love
- Strength for those volunteers
- Quick receding of the water and an end to rain
- Wisdom for government officials making key decisions–mayors, governors and national decision makers
- God’s comfort to surround those giving and receiving care
- Continued opportunity for local churches and volunteers to lift high the name of God
Want to help in other ways?
FLR has partnered with Feed the Hungry in providing relief in Jesus’ name.