Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe!
Shannyn crosses her heart-it’s DELISH! Try it with the kiddo’s and see if it doesn’t pass! (from OhSheGlows.com)
- 240 grams yellow-skinned cooked potatoes, peeled (approx. 1 & 1/3 cups cooked potato)
- 6-7 tbsp pure maple syrup*, or to taste
- 3 tbsp cashew nut butter*
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Cook the potatoes in a pot of water on the stove-top until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
2. In a food processor, immediately add the cooked potatoes (still hot), nut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Do not use cold potatoes or the texture will be like mashed potatoes instead of a silky dip. Process until smooth for at least a couple minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary. Make sure no clumps remain. You want it super smooth. Adjust sweetness if necessary and add salt to taste.
3. Place mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes (preferably an hour) to chill and then stir in the chocolate chips just before serving. Serve the dip with graham crackers, fresh fruit, cookies, cinnamon sugar pita chips, or my favourite way, a spoon.
YOUR RESPECT DARE FOR TODAY:
Just for today, your dare is to say nothing negative at all. If you can’t think of a kind way to say what’s on your mind, vow-just for today-to say nothing.
YOUR LOVE DARE FOR TODAY:
Look for opportunities to bring warmth to the coldness in his or her life. If possible, give them an unexpected, tender touch. Choose a gesture that says, “I cherish you.” and do it with sincerity.