Peter & Shannyn – Tuesday, December 10
This morning we talked with Christian meditation expert Brooke Boone about ways to de-stress at Christmas.
Peter & Shannyn – Wednesday, December 11
This morning we were joined by Photographer Jess Burton to tell us how to take great family pictures this Christmas. If you’d like to learn more about Jess, click here.
Peter & Shannyn – Thursday, December 12
Today Veggie Tales Co-Creator Mike Nawrocki (aka Larry the Cucumber) joined us to talk about the new Veggie Tale DVD Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas.
Shannyn’s Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (high quality, 62% cacao or higher), well chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
- Place chocolate in a bowl and refrigerate.
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).
- Retrieve chocolate from fridge, pour cream over chocolate, folding from outside to in slowly. Allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth. (This chocolate base is called ganache.)
- Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly (as it will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll chocolate balls in cocoa powder place back in the refrigerator until needed.
Makes 30-40 truffles