TWINKIES ARE BACK!!
The new boxes of Twinkies are back on store shelves, but they may be a bit smaller than you remember – 38.5 grams instead of 42.5. Still, if you’re going to indulge, it could take you a while to burn off the calories in just ONE Twinkie.
- Hiking: 22 minutes
- Walking (slow pace): 50 minutes
- Jogging: 20 minutes
- Swimming (vigorously): 13 minutes
- Jumping rope: 15 minutes
- Scrubbing the floor: 30 minutes
- Running up the stairs: 10 minutes
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional, for authentic sweetness)
- Freeze the pineapple chunks. Either chop ahead and freeze them overnight, or buy frozen pineapple. You’ll need enough to reach the 6-7 cup mark on your blender pitcher. (This recipe works best in a high-speed blender, because you’ll need to be able to pulverize the frozen pineapple into an ice-cream-like consistency. A normal blender will most likely not work, but a food processor might.)
- Combine the frozen pineapple with the almond milk and honey, then blend until a frozen sorbet texture is achieved.
- For an authentic Dole Whip presentation, transfer the frozen dessert to a large plastic bag, and cut off the tip to create a piping bag. Pipe the pineapple whip into 4-6 dishes, and serve.
- Any leftovers (yeah, right) can be frozen in an ice cube tray, and used in smoothies later!
Remember the Family Life Radio Virtual Ice Cream Social is coming up this Friday!