Toni Slade and her husband, Lance, founded Project Giving in Central Georgia in 1997 out of a sincere passion Toni had for others in the community. Toni is a former elementary school teacher who is now a stay-at-home-mom, and Lance a pediatrician in Macon. Together, they decided to combine their hearts and multiply their efforts to “Build bridges of hope” for hurting people in the Middle Georgia Community.
The organization began with one single program, the Family Medical Advocate Project. Families facing chronic medical illnesses receive assistance through Project Giving helping to cover:
- Travel expenses to treatments
- Mortgage payments
- Utility bills
- Stocking pantries with food and toiletries
In their 16 year history, Toni has worked hard to expand into other areas of service to those hurting and in need through new outlets and programs including:
- Backpack Blessings: annual outreach (July) that provides free health screenings, dental screenings, vision screenings, haircuts, lunch and school supplies to children of low income schools in Houston and Bibb counties. Last year they had 98 people saved in 4 hours through amazing event.
- Christmas Family Adoption: Providing Christmas to Middle Georgia families in need identified through the school systems
- Week of Hope: Week long service project and opportunities to get Middle Georgia moving to help others in need while sharing Christ. Week of Hope takes place annually the week after Easter.
Through Toni’s passion and following God, she is helping meet people’s needs and share with them the love of Christ. Many more brothers and sisters have been added to God’s kingdom through the work of Toni Slade. And I know that she would in return give 100% of the credit straight back to God. She is truly one of a kind person and someone that you can’t help but feel the love of God every time you are around her.
Learn more at ProjectGiving.net