“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”
– Psalm 34:18
Wildfires are spreading across California forcing thousands of people to evacuate their homes. Some areas are completely devastated. Firefighters from across the nation have come to the rescue leaving their homes and families behind. As the wildfires continue to rage, you can help support those who are suffering through the organizations listed below. Remember to do your research on an organization’s reputation for using donations effectively. Charity Navigator at: www.charitynavigator.org is a good source to consult.
Our hope is not in the things of this world but in a God who is mighty to save and eager to restore.
- Emotional and physical healing for those directly affected
- Protection for first responders, emergency and disaster relief personnel
- Provision for needed supplies
- Praise for those who are already serving and giving out of love
- Strength for those volunteers
- Quick receding of the fire and reduced wind
- Wisdom for government officials making key decisions–mayors, governors and national decision makers
- God’s comfort to surround those giving and receiving care
- Continued opportunity for local churches and volunteers to lift high the name of God
You can also help by supporting the helping hands at these ministries