I don’t know about you, but my body feels like it’s made of pie and whipped cream this week, and so I’m going to help it reclaim it’s balance in a this very simple way: Drinking Hot Lemon Water!
Could something so simple as a cup (or 3) of something you already have in your fridge made a real difference? YES!
Hot lemon water is a super-star of wellness for good reason.
Here are just a few:
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
- With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections
- Acts as a detoxifying agent.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps increase the metabolic rate.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
- Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps regulate natural bowel movement (there I said it)
Message me if you’re sipping along with me this week!
We all know that feeling, right?
You don’t even need to actually taste the pumpkin spice to start to react to in intrinsic goodness.
If you’re like me, just thinking about it right now literally has my heart rate up!
But guess what? Those spices pack a healing punch!
Pumpkin pie spice is a standard blend with many variations that look something like this:
*4 TSP Ground Cinnamon
*2 TSP Ground Ginger
*1 TSP Ground Cloves
*½ TSP Ground Nutmeg
In addition to their warming qualities these spices have actions that go far beyond their mouthwatering scents and flavors.
Cinnamon is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. Is said to lower blood sugar levels & reduce heart disease risk!
Ginger aids digestion and helps upset stomach. That’s why we reach for Ginger Ale when our tummies are unhappy.
Clove is incredibly high in antioxidants.
Nutmeg is known to help with sleeplessness.
So, maybe just maybe, the “Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING” people are onto something.