Break Free from What Others Think
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever leans on, trusts in, and puts his confidence in the Lord is safe and set on high.
─ Proverbs 29:25 AMPC
We live in an “image is everything” society, where personal branding is actually a thing, and many people promote themselves across social media platforms in hopes of receiving “likes” or “loves” as it pertains to what they’re doing, what they’re wearing, who they’re with or what they have to share on social media.
Our verse today confirms the fear of what other people think can literally imprison you. The same verse in the Living Bible says, “Fear of man is a dangerous trap, but to trust in God means safety.”
God created you, placed His own gifts and talents in you, and made you specifically equipped to be uniquely you. He desires for you to look to Him for guidance, direction, affirmation and confidence.
Christine Caine said, “Until we care more about what God thinks than what other people think we are never truly free.”
Today’s One Thing
Break free from what others think and remind yourself what God thinks of you by saying these Scripture-based statements aloud.
- I am created in the image of God, my Creator (Genesis 1:27).
- God knit me together in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).
- I am wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
- I am more valuable than the birds of the air, yet God cares for them (Matthew 10:31).
- I have been crowned with the glory of God (Psalm 8:4-6).