“For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
─ Matthew 17:20
The world was framed with God’s words. Creation exploded on the scene, a miraculous display of God’s power. And the miracles have continued ever since:
- Sarah, a woman, barren her whole life has a baby in her old age (Genesis 21:1-2).
- God rolls back the waters of the Red Sea so that His chosen people could escape captivity and cross on dry ground (Exodus 14:21).
- God shuts the lion’s mouths, saving Daniel from the Lion’s den (Daniel 6:23).
- He astonishingly delivers three men from a fiery furnace, and they don’t even smell of smoke (Daniel 3:25-28).
- He heals a woman instantly, who had an issue of blood for 12 years and doctors had given up on her (Luke 8:43-48).
- Jesus raised a child from the dead and raised Lazarus up from the grave after four days (Mark 5:35-42; John 11:38-44).
Every day we hear of incredible, unexplainable rescues. People surviving supernaturally from car accidents, walking away from freaky incidents that should have stolen their lives and yet they live on to tell the story of God’s goodness.
Today’s One Thing
What miracles have you experienced? Where do you need a miracle today? As you reflect on our miracle making God, encourage yourself and believe He is able to do miracles for you.