Thrive and Grow
As the temperatures rise and the early days of summer approach, it’s a perfect time to embrace growth and make things happen. Take a deep breath, exhale and realize the Lord is on your side. He wants you to be successful, especially when you have included Him in your aspirations and rejuvenation.
Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart.
– Psalm 119:2 ESV
Summer is a time to celebrate your accomplishments for the year and to pursue other goals and desires wholeheartedly. It’s a time to rejuvenate and pursue established or new objectives. Here are five things the Lord has given you to support your actions:
- Be a proactive problem-solver: Instead of waiting for someone else to come up with a solution, take the initiative and brainstorm ideas yourself. “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established” (Proverbs 16:3 ESV).
- Take ownership of your goals: Identify what you want to achieve; create a plan of action aligned with God’s Word and hold yourself accountable. “But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded” (2 Chronicles 15:7 NIV).
- Embrace failure as a learning opportunity: Don’t be discouraged by setbacks or mistakes. Instead, view them as opportunities to learn and grow. “For the righteous falls seven times and rises again …” (Proverbs 24:16 ESV).
- Cultivate a mindset of gratitude: Focus on the positive aspects of your life and appreciate your blessings. “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (I Thessalonians 5:18 ESV).
- Connect with others who share your goals: Surround yourself with people who inspireand support you. “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV).
The Lord has given you Scripture to support and guide your life.
By meditating on the above passages, you can create a summer experience that is fulfilling, meaningful and memorable.
Whether you’re planning a vacation, learning a new skill, pursuing work objectives, reading books, spending time with family or simply enjoying the beauty of nature, embrace the opportunities the Lord has prepared for you.
Today’s One Thing
Take a walk outside, consider the five above verses and ask the Lord what He would like for you to accomplish by the end of the year. Journal these items and take action with prayer.