- This event has passed.
THUNDER OVER COCONINO
08/24/2013 @ 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM MSTNo
Grand Canyon Valle Airport’s THUNDER OVER COCONINO IX is Saturday August 24th from 8:00AM – 3:00PM. Proceeds go to benefit EAA Chapter #856 of the Young Eagles.
This is a Homebuilt, Warbird, Antique Airplane Fly-In.
Rides to fly in the 1929 Ford Tri-Motor, a WWII vintage P-51 or a Helicopter can be purchased.
Special guests again this year are members of the Tuskeegee Airmen.
Admission is $12 for adults / $6 for kids with a maximum per family of $30. Go to www.valleairport.com for more information or call 928-635-5280
From Flagstaff take Interstate 40 West to Williams:
Approximately 1 hour (60 miles)
1. At the AZ Highway 64 junction turn north.
2. Please watch for animals and drive carefully.
From Flagstaff – Alternate Route:
Approximately 1 hour, (52 miles)
1. In downtown Flagstaff turn north onto US Highway 180.
2. Continue to the AZ Highway 64 junction.
3. Follow the signs for the airport.
From Phoenix, Arizona:
Approximately 3.0 hours (205 miles)
1. Drive north on Interstate 17 to Flagstaff.
2. Take Interstate 40 west to Williams.
3. Turn right onto Highway 64 (north) and proceed toward the south entrance of Grand Canyon National Park. Follow the signs for the airport.
Disclaimer: Events listed in the Event Calendar do not necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parties therein. While we make every effort to ensure the individual parties represented within the Event Calendar fully support our biblical values and our statement of faith, we cannot guarantee that the entities and individuals represented here fully adhere to our biblical worldview.