Happy Tummy Lemonade!
We all want simple ways to help our digestion.
This one is a win for the whole family because no one will likely know they are even being healthy!
A fizzy and tangy fermented lemonade that has a boost of probiotics. (the alcohol from fermenting is very very small-about as much as is found in cheese-but if it’s important to you to avoid fermented foods, please take note)
- ¾ cup sugar in the raw or coconut sugar
- 2½ to 3 quarts filtered water
- 10 lemons or limes, juiced to make about 1 cup
- 1 cup whey (that’s the liquid on top of your yogurt)
- In a gallon size glass jar, stir together sugar and just enough hot water to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and fill the jar about ¾ full with filtered water.
- Make sure the liquid is at room temperature and then add the whey.
- Cover tightly and let sit on the counter for 2-3 days.
- After 2-3 days, keep the lemonade in the refrigerator and drink 4-6 ounces per day. The flavor will continue to develop.
Blending the final product with ice cubes will make a delicious slushie .