Position Title: Accountant I
FLSA Status: Full Time – Exempt
Hiring Range: $ 48,000 – $ 55,000 – DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
We are looking for a Accountant I to join our Dynamic Accounting Team. The Accountant I will be responsible for maintaining Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger entries, depreciation schedules, administers budget processes, manage bank reconciliation processes and other accounting functions as required. This position will also serve as back up to the Accounting Manager and serve as cross functional support.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable with shared responsibility to process invoices, purchase orders, and all reimbursement requests in a timely and accurate manner; provides resolution of invoice, expense report discrepencies,and all controls related to the AP function
- Responsible for journal entries and depreciation schedules
- Responsible for back up support for payroll processing
- Prepares reports as requested by management
- Train and coach staff on the use of the PO Management program to include training of new staff on requirements, coding, document requirements approval process for Managers/Directors/Chiefs.
- Reconciles AR and AP to the general ledger; reviews/researches anomolies
- Responsible for operating account bank reconciliation
- Responsible for 1099 vendor management in the accounting program and year-end reconciliation and federal filing
- Daily Cash entries and reconciliation to Daily Cash. Entry corrections to match SalesForce and Daily Cash Report month end.
- Account Receivable support – generate monthly invoices, statements, and aging reports; responsible to communicate with customers, internal departments, and others regarding account status; responsible for all controls related to the AR function to include montly GL balancing to Intacct
- Corporate credit card management support – supports the administration of Credit Card expense management program, to include, review to budget, proper coding, PO references. Responsible for the Finance Corporate Card reconcilation of charges, to include, PO’s associated with charges to the Finance Corporate Card. Reconcilation and posting of all credit card charges to accounting software
- Support to Use Tax reporting.
- Support the training and coaching of staff on the use of the expense management program for company credit cards to include onboarding new credit card holders, approval process (Managers), coding and receipt requirements.
- Support the budget process in Martus; to include staff assistance with reporting, historical research and responsibility to budgeting based accounts as identified each year
- Responsible for Year-End record retention procedures
- Work closely as a team in daily AP/AR operations to include cross-training of all functions.
- Assists with preparation of requested audit schedules and supporting documentation.
- Assists with annual Personal Property Reporting and period closing activities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles and accounting software including knowledge of AZ Sales & Use Tax Reporting.
- Strong PC skills including advanced knowledge of excel and ability to develop detailed spreadsheets proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, and other external customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and professionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or
- Associates degree with a minimum (5) years of accounting
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of GAAP principles
- 3 years of related experience, preferable in a non profit setting
- Experience overseeing and administering budgeting process for an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Knowledge of Sage Intact accounting software
- Experience working in a non-profit and/or for a broadcasting company
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)