Position Title: Afternoon Show Host/Assistant Programming Director
FLSA Status: Full Time – Exempt
Hiring Range: TBD
Relocation Allowance – Yes
Location: Tucson Corporate Office
Family Life Radio has a rare opening for an Afternoon Show Host/Assistant Program Director
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
Can you share your life on the air in a real vulnerable way and help people have fun all while providing a message of hope every day? You will join an already successful Network, that is continuing to climb to new heights. Teams or solo hosts are encouraged to apply.
You will be surrounded by a team who will help and support you (talent coaching) and share in your successes. You will work hard, BUT you will have FUN! There is a great vibe in this place.
Family Life Radio Network is located in Beautiful Tucson, Arizona. You will be on a nationwide network on over 41 stations covering cities like Phoenix, Detroit, Albuquerque, Kansas City, Saginaw, Tucson, and Panama City, just to name a few.
We are dedicated to our employees! You will be filling the shoes of someone who is retiring after 44 years at Family Life Radio. We have a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package for the right person or team.
- Develop and present a daily, five-hour, listener-focused, Christ-centered Afternoon drive program; effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates a capability of running the board and interacting with the technical environment, including pre-show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Creates and presents digital content such as podcasts, video messaging, social media interaction
- Makes personal appearances.
- Voice tracks weekend program
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes late afternoons and weekend work)
- Oversees the operations of the network, maximizing our on-air quality.
- Builds relationships with the listener on the air and in digital platforms utilizing consistent interactive feedback from listeners.
- Encourages and equips the on-air ministry team including participating in recruitment, selection, training, development, performance evaluation, documentation and discipline of all Programming Department staff in accordance with Ministry policy and procedure and in compliance with applicable federal, state and municipal law. This includes regular analysis of air checks of all network and local announcers.
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory, and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Ability to work within an on-air team and in the community, seeing through each campaign or assignment
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Proven to be creative “out of the box” thinker.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify what is “top of mind” of our target audience.
- Demonstrates the ability in interacting with the technical environment of the station or network.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact on the digital platform including audio and video outlets
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate a biblical worldview to our target audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain a team atmosphere with all members of the program team.
- Ability to lead and manage a team for successful accomplishment of ministry objectives.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents.
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use: RCS (scheduling), RRC (Arbitron)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Broadcasting or related field or equivalent education and experience;
- 5 years directing music and programming at Christian music formatted radio stations;
- 5 years of radio station (or network) hosting of music shift;
- 5 years increasing management responsibility.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If interested please send us: Resume, Completed Application (see below link) and best demo/aircheck today! – firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)