Annual Giving Director
Reports to: President, Family Life Communications
Location: Tucson, Arizona
The Annual Giving Director serves as a strategic team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Family Life Communications. This position is responsible for overseeing all annual fund scope for both Family Life Radio and Intentional Living. The Annual Giving Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a current giving program (FLR & ILC) through highly effective campaigns and strategic initiatives.
The Annual Giving Director is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing donor communications strategy and achieving targets including market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising of fundraising initiatives and coordination of content strategies. Creates and manages annual giving events that support ministry funding goals primarily consisting of sharathon fundraisers. Develops and manages a comprehensive department budget.
- Actively participates cross functionally with ministry leadership in the development and implementation of ministry-wide strategy.
- Creates and oversees comprehensive annual giving strategies that support organizational goals and objectives.
- Manages external vendors and consultants that directly service the department and its strategies.
- Develops and manages the ministries’ annual development strategies that support mission and ministry goals; communicates and implements strategies to grow market share, build brand awareness, and to support ministry budget objectives.
- Develops and manages all aspects of annual giving donor communication including direct mail, email programs, newsletter cover letters, appeal letters, faith promise acknowledgements, new name conversion stream, receipts, gentle reminders, and exit letters.
- Partners with Programming and Creative Services in the production and execution of strategic fundraising campaigns including Shar-a-thons; develops campaign strategy and ensures all elements of the strategy are executed on time and with excellence.
- Analyzes revenue metrics and financial documents, and deploys highly effective strategies to improve revenue growth, and brand penetration.
- Anticipates trends in the marketplace with regard to technology and implements solutions that will advance the department and the ministry.
- Develops highly strategic content strategies for print and digital fundraising communication channels throughout the ministry (includes feature articles under the President’s byline, advertising/marketing copy, web content, email, eNewsletters, FAQ’s, script writing, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Financial & Operations Officer and the Finance Department to ensure quality standards are being met in reporting daily income.
- As needed maintains an individual caseload of major gift donors, meeting personal revenue and engagement goals with systematic, regular correspondence, phone and face-to-face cultivation; develops donor profiles; conducts strategic proposal “asks” for vision accomplishment.
- Acts as a Sr. Editor for all annual giving fundraising communication including design, production and editorial direction of high-quality, effective print, and digital fundraising communications.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive department budget, specifically keeping expenditures within budget, and aligns financial resources to strategic objectives and key initiatives. Controls expenditures against budget; monitors and reports variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Keep abreast of best practices and trends in annual giving fundraising strategy, through online training, reading publications, and memberships in professional organizations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ten (10) years of experience in a progressive leadership role, with relevant work experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Five (5) years of experience administering current giving programs
- Three (3) years of experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading highly effective fundraising strategies
- Demonstrated experience writing effective donor communications
- Demonstrated experience extracting & analyzing data and producing meaningful management reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof relational and business- related documents
- Strong interpersonal and management/leadership skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong statistical and analytic skills
- Strong budgeting skills
- Proficient in internet research and database use
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fully Supports and lives Family Life Communications Statement of Faith
- Passionate about Family Life Communications mission and vision
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Able to travel periodically to various locations, as needed
- Must have a high level of personal integrity with high regard for confidentiality
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter and resume to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)