AR/AP Accounting Coordinator
Full-time, benefit eligible
POSITION SUMMARY: Do you love accounting? If so, this position is for you! This position is responsible for maintaining Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and all duties & controls associated with those processes. Maintains purchase orders, administers budget processes, and administers corporate credit card program.
- Generates Account Receivable monthly invoices, statements, and aging reports; may be responsible to communicate with customers, internal departments, and others regarding past-due accounts; responsible for all controls related to the AR function
- Processes invoices, purchase orders, corporate purchase cards, and all reimbursement requests in a timely and accurate manner; provide resolution of invoice and expense report discrepancies; responsible for all controls related to the AP function
- Responsible for Business Sponsor AR functions, including recording, payment functions, and reporting functions.
- Reconciles AR and AP to the general ledger; reviews/researches anomalies
- Maintains monthly AZ Use Tax reporting functions.
- Administers the corporate credit card program and credit card expense management
- Responsible for budget input, budget tracking, and related reports
- Responsible for Year-End record retention procedures
- Works closely with AP/AR Accounting Coordinator in daily AP/AR operations.
- Trains and coaches staff on credit card process and budgeting processes.
- Back up for vendor annual 1099 reporting
- Assists with internal and external audit processes
- Assists with annual Personal Property Reporting and period closing activities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in Sharathon as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent education & experience
- Three (3) years experience in accounting functions including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Experience overseeing and administering the budgeting process for an organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles and accounting software including knowledge of AZ Sales & Use Tax Reporting.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors and other external customers
- Ability to discreetly and professionally handle confidential information
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Analytical and detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Posesses initiative and willigness to learn new skills and cross train in other accounting functions
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter, resume and to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)