Position Title: Assistant Production Director
Department: Engagement Production & Traffic
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: $ 55,000
Location: Tucson, AZ
Family Life Radio has an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Production Director who will assist the Production Director in production tasks, production management, traffic, and Media Asset Management. The Assistant Director is first and foremost highly qualified as a radio producer for CCM radio and will have responsibility for a limited number of ongoing production assignments. S/he will simultaneously train and specialize in Traffic responsibilities and will serve as an emergency back-up for the Traffic Director (only if needed in rare cases). The Assistant Director will also train in Media Asset Management and help the Production Director administrate and manage audio assets via the Axle ai Media Asset Management system.
Production & Production Management functions
- Participates in production planning meetings, contributes ideas; writes scripts and creates digital audio productions using DAW software; submits productions to the Program Director for approval.
- Organizes and self-manages all assigned projects, production schedules, and audio assets using project management software, delivering all projects on-time every time.
- Scripts and produces promos for national and local broadcast. Interviews and edits listener interviews; manages the inventory of listener testimonies for all production needs across the organization, in both Programming and Marketing, using the Axle ai MAM system.
- Assists the Director in managing other Sr. Production Editors’ assignments or presenting production for approval by the Program Director.
- Will train on all of the Traffic applications, tools, and procedures in order to, on a timeline to be set by the Production Director, serve as an emergency back-up to the Traffic Manager, if needed. After training, the Assistant Director will be qualified in the following functions:
- Operate Aquira and G-Selector; and, use the MIDLITE local avails tool.
- Create a program log for all national and local campaigns, with required air dates and rotations. Create proof of performance reports.
- Perform quality checks on promos and features delivered to Traffic, and deliver all audio into the Zetta automation and local receivers. Manage the Zetta automation library.
- Work with the Music Director to manage music playlists.
Media Asset Management functions
- Learn the functions of the Axle ai Media Asset Management system and demonstrate proficiency in using the system properly.
- Manage assigned catalogs of media libraries for Production’s and Marketing’s daily workflows. Ensure inventories of assets are properly cataloged and metadata applied. Create and distribute transcripts.
- Supervise asset ingesting into the MAM system by co-workers. Confirm assets adhere to technical requirements.
- Facilitate search and downloading of audio assets via the Axle system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative and innovative “out-of-the-box” thinker; demonstrates knowledge of effective, contemporary radio production methods, tools, and production styles.
- Knowledge and proven ability to edit audio utilizing multi-track editing software on a PC workstation; strong skills in using SONY Vegas and Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or equivalent DAW applications.
- Proven ability to write listener-focused scripts that engage people and meet the standards & expectations of the Program Director
- Proven ability to direct voice talent performances
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, decision-making, and project management skills. Ability to plan and perform complex work in a fast-paced work environment where only general policies or procedures are available.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents
- Strong business and creative presentation skills
- Self-motivated starter who sets and achieves personal objectives
- Proven “stickler” for details inherent in the operation of high quality production systems
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years professional, creative script-writing and radio production experience using multi-track DAW applications and PCs
- Demonstrated experience in Traffic systems, Operations/Satellite systems, or equivalent system requiring detailed asset management or file organizational skills.
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)