Broadcast IT Support Specialist
Location: Tucson, Arizona
The Broadcast IT Support Specialist will respond, diagnose and remedy audio automation, FTP and audio production software issues through teamwork, communication and problem-solving.
Come and join the Family Life Radio team! Use your talents and expertise to make an impact for Christ in our world. For over 50 years Family Life Radio has been communicating the love of Christ through our network of radio stations.
- Respond, diagnose and remedy malfunctioning broadcast information systems.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware and software configuration issues
- Backup and maintain audio automation and ancillary equipment.
- Backup and maintain audio production software.
- Backup and maintain IP audio delivery systems (i.e. Big Pipes, IP-200)
- Backup and maintain AMBOS audio delivery system
- Backup and maintain the streaming audio delivery system
- Backup and maintain Raritan KVM solutions
- Backup and maintain Auto-Pilot, ensuring that Operations is connected to station outlets
- Identify and conduct preventative maintenance on areas of responsibility
- Provide direct support to operations and engagement departments regarding the audio automation and delivery system and audio production software
- Monitor the quality of the on-air product
- Document detailed resolutions
- Perform Operations shifts and rotate 24-hour On-Call shifts as needed
- Inventory and maintain broadcast systems hardware and software including licensing.
- Document signal flow and wiring
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year degree (or equivalent education and experience) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field
- one (1) to three (3) years of experience providing IT services preferably in radio broadcasting.
- Administrator experience with Windows, Windows Server, and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience configuring MS Office, mail systems, Internet and Intranet systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to effectively problem solve
- Understanding of Vox Pro, Adobe Audition, Sony Vegas and Sound Forge
- Proficiency with a non-domain computing environment.
- Proficiency with SNMP
- Elevated knowledge of IPv4, routing and switching.
- Literate in reading code to include, but not limited to, Batch, PowerShell, VB Script and C.
- Ability to read and produce technical drawings and documentation.
- Reading comprehension skills with ability to understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to effectively communicate when problems arise and accept positive and negative feedback
- Superb attention to detail
- Elevated knowledge in Microsoft Windows administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must work well independently as well in a team environment
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Capable of occasionally working overnights and weekends, as needed
- Able to work on ladders and in confined spaces; able to lift 45 lbs.
- Customer service oriented
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical & mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift 45 pounds. Employee will often work in close proximity to high and low-level voltages and RF radiation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to differentiate between colors and adjust focus.
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter and resume to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)