Creative Services Director
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Reports to: President
If it’s creative, the Creative Services Director (CSD) can handle it. This job is to manage the creative process for Family Life Communications’ digital media and traditional print assets. As the CSD you will report directly to the President, and will manage the people, processes, and technology that make up the creative services department including graphic design, social media and website administration. This career requires creativity in ideas and the ability to implement. Vision without an eye toward the details simply won’t get this job done. The CSD creates departmental strategy and ensures that the creative services vision is enacted on time and on budget and oversees creative output from concept to production.
The CSD meets with internal and external clients to work through ideas including creative content strategies, marketing pieces, and campaigns. The CSD is there to whiteboard the ideas and seek client buy-in. Develops and manages the department budget and ensures solid stewardship practices for the department.
- Leads and directs the design and production of written, visual and audio content as used through print, and digital platforms.
- Manages the graphic design administrator, social media specialist, and website administration personnel, including the selection of personnel, their training and development.
- In partnership with the President, establishes and implements design and content standards and processes to produce consistent and high-quality results.
- Works in partnership with the Marketing Traffic Manager in the selection and management of all department applicable contract vendors and approves and coordinates project plans and ensures project timeliness.
- Manages creativeoutput – from concept to production.
- Responsible for developing creative content strategies and coordinating with a variety of department executives to ensure a proper vision.
- Delegates tasks, holds regular status meetings to track progress, and analyzes the project throughout the development process.
- Analyzes the success of content being produced by the department and develops procedural or product changes as necessary.
- Researches internal and external customer needs and industry trends.
- Creates and manages departmental budget and ensures best stewardship practices are being followed.
- Creates the roadmap for implementing creative content strategies and delegates tasks and map out budgets, timelines, and all the big-picture details.
- Holds regular meetings with teams and stakeholders until the creative “product” is complete.
- Champions the content strategy for all digital marketing channels including but not limited to: Social media, email, websites, and mobile platforms.
- Writes mission driven, brand aligned marketing copy for all campaigns that flow through the creative services department.
- Serves as the editorial content manager for all content under the purview of the creative services department.
- Oversees Intentional Living Center e-commerce store and develops product promotional campaign strategies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Proven experience developing and managing marketing strategies with proven ability to meet organizational objectives
- Demonstrated experience using, analyzing and reporting on business/marketing metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof articles and marketing copy
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to multitask
- Ability to understand and interpret a complex competitive landscape and effectively prioritize the projects that will deliver the greatest impact on objectives
- Knowledge of current trends in marketing and consumer behavior including the migration toward digital media
- Strong knowledge of web and social media platforms
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and contemporary publishing programs such as Adobe InDesign
- Expertise in branding/brand management, and public relations
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Spiritually mature Christian who believes the Bible to be God’s guiding map for life and ministry service. Possess a firm understanding of God’s word and how to convey the message.
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent FLR; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance at all times)
- Maintains integrity and professional code of ethics required as a positive reflection of the ministry
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter and resume to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)