Morning Show Co-Host/Podcast Host
Position Title: Morning Show Co Host/Podcast Host
Department: Broadcast Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hiring Range: TBD Competitive – Relocation Assistance
Location: Tucson, AZ
SUMMARY: The Morning Show Co-host/ Podcast Host encourages and connects interactively with the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s ministry by affirming faith, providing hope and encouraging growth in Christ through on air and digital. Develops and presents an engaging morning drive program; makes personal appearances in order to promote the program and the ministry.
- Develops and presents a daily, listener-focused, Christ-centered morning drive program effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates the ability to share on the air from a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrates a capability of running the board and interacting with the technical environment, including show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Hosts a weekly podcast on specific topics with the over-all goal of helping people live an intentional life in Christ.
- Makes personal appearances; serves as a liaison between the residents of the station’s community of license and Family Life Communications, builds personal relationships with the listener on the air utilizing regular feedback from listeners
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes early mornings and weekend work)
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative, “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word & Excel
- Strong production and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) to five (5) years on-air experience as a show host
- Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition and Voxpro
- Basic experience working with the web and social media platforms
- General knowledge & experience using automation systems ( like Zetta)
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit package!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement.
Career opportunities that will challenge, develop and reward you!Application Download Word Document Application Download PDF Document Fill Out Online Application
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.