We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our outstanding engineering team here in Tucson, Arizona!
If you have a passion for excellence in radio broadcast engineering, and to further the Kingdom for Jesus Christ, this job is for you! Use your talents and expertise to make an impact for Christ in our world. For over 50 years Family Life Communications has been communicating the love of Christ through our network of radio stations.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for the high-quality installation, operation, and maintenance of all station and network broadcast facilities and equipment including satellite, digital automation, and analog/digital audio systems of FLC’s Network Broadcast Center and local stations. Our D.O.E. will lead and supervise our media engineering team and oversee all engineering projects. The D.O.E. must have the business knowledge necessary to align broadcast media technology-related decisions with the organization’s goals and to oversee the successful planning and achievement of growth of FLCs’ broadcast media ministry into new communities including expanding existing stations’ signal strength and acquiring new stations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or combination of education & experience
- Five (5) years managerial experience in radio broadcast field with proven experience supervising multiple engineers at multiple locations as well as managing projects
- Network or station group level of broadcast engineering experience
- Seven (7) years AM/FM audio and RF radiobroadcast engineering experience, digital, and audio equipment installation and maintenance.
- Minimum three (3) years of satellite uplink experience
- SBE Certified Senior Radio Engineer (CSRE) – or ability to obtain within 12 months
- SBE Certified Digital Radio Broadcast Specialist™ (DRB™) – or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Requires in-state and out-of-state travel (approximately 25%)
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and work at heights from ladders or similar equipment
- Proven self-motivated starter who sets and achieves personal work objectives
We care about our team and provide a competitive salary and affordable benefits package that make your life better. If you are interested, please send application with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)