Donor Engagement Director
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Reports to: President
The Donor Engagement Director serves as a strategic team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the Development Department. This position is responsible for overseeing major gifts, business partnerships, and planned giving. The Donor Engagement Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to establish highly effective donor engagement strategies.
The Donor Engagement Director is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing major donor communications strategy and achieving targets including market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising of major gift fundraising initiatives and coordination of content strategies. Creates and manages major donor engagement events that support ministry funding goals including major donor appreciation initiatives, and business engagement events. Develops and grows a personal portfolio of major gift donors, meeting personal revenue and engagement goals. Develops and manages a comprehensive department budget.
Family Life Communications Incorporated, a Christian organization, employs people who have a real and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
We’re looking for people who have a passion to see the world transformed for Christ and want to serve Him.
- Creates and oversees comprehensive multidisciplinary funding strategies that support organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides strategic leadership over the areas of major giving, planned giving, and business partnership; aligns department priorities with ministry strategy; actively manages and supports department personnel, and ensures projects are being accomplished on time and with excellence. Responsible for creating department goals and providing mentorship and coaching.
- Manages external vendors and consultants that directly service the department and its strategies.
- Partners with programming and creative services in the production and execution of strategic campaigns including major gift events, and national underwriting initiatives; develops campaign strategy and ensures all elements of the strategy are executed on time and with excellence.
- Analyzes revenue metrics and financial documents, and deploys highly effective strategies to improve revenue growth, and brand penetration.
- Anticipates trends in the marketplace regarding technology and implements solutions that will advance the department and the ministry.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Financial & Operations Officer and the Finance Department to ensure quality standards are being met in reporting major gift income and allocation strategies.
- Maintains an individual caseload of major gift donors, meeting personal revenue and engagement goals with systematic, regular correspondence, phone and face-to-face cultivation; develops donor profiles; conducts strategic proposal “asks” for vision accomplishment.
- Creates strategy and champions the production of all major donor events, including major donor banquets, signature events, and business networking events.
- Acts as a Sr. Editor for all major gift communication including design, production and editorial direction of high-quality, effective print, and digital fundraising communications.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive department budget, specifically keeping expenditures within budget, and aligns financial resources to strategic objectives and key initiatives. Controls expenditures against budget; monitors and reports variances in revenues and expenditures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five (5) years of experience in a progressive leadership role, with relevant work experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading highly effective major gift strategies
- Demonstrated experience writing effective major donor communications
- Demonstrated experience extracting & analyzing data and producing meaningful management reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof relational and business- related documents
- Strong interpersonal and management/leadership skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong statistical and analytic skills
- Strong budgeting skills
- Proficient in internet research and database use
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fully Supports and lives Family Life Communications Statement of Faith
- Passionate about Family Life Communications mission and vision
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Able to travel periodically to various locations, as needed
- Must have a high level of personal integrity with high regard for confidentiality
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter and resume to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)