Position Title: Donor Communications Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time – Exempt
Hiring Range: $ 50,000 to $60,000
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States
We are looking for a Full-time Donor Communications Manager to join our Team.
Family Life Communication is seeking an individual who is energetic, driven, self-motivated, and passionate about serving others. If multi-tasking, fast paced, project managing, and casting strategy excites you then you are who we are looking for. The Donor Communications Manager will lead our donor strategies, project management and support for the growth of donor retention and cultivation. The key responsibilities are to lead strategies and creative marketing content to grow our donor base; to lead production and execution of all aspects of fundraising initiatives; to identify, grow, and strengthen relationships with donors through developing and implementing cultivation/engagement initiatives to increase donor retention, which in turn increases revenue to support the ministry. The Donor Communications Manager will also support the development of proposals, reports, concept papers and foundation grants as needed.
- Champions current giving strategies; monitors, manages and evaluates current giving program; oversees and implements changes and enhancements that directly support ministry donor objectives.
- Coordinate with consultants/agencies on the execution of development-related donor communication, direct mail and email programs including cover letters, faith promise acknowledgements, receipts, and reminders that includes proofing, editing and writing for communication touch points.
- Project manages the production and execution of strategic fundraising campaigns; develops campaign strategy and ensures all elements of the strategy are executed on time, on brand and with excellence including writing, editing, proofing all traditional and digital donor communication pieces.
- Manages and creates the recognition, appreciation strategy and reporting for current donors. Strategy includes but not limited to the development and creation of proposals, reports, concept papers and foundation grants, traditional and digital communication pieces, welcome series, thank you letters and appreciation touch points.
- Manages third party consultants to ensure consistent communication and strategies aligns with FLC brand, mission, vision, and values.
- Create and manage content calendars for donor communications and stewardship touches. Maintain and curate a database of graphics and photographs for use in communications materials.
- Support FLC fundraising endeavors, events and touch points for donor acquisition, cultivation and prospecting.
- Donor data management, running reports, analyzing data, and creating strategies for improvement (i.e. retention rate, membership, patterns and statistics).
- Work across departments to support and strategist on best practices to grow donor affinity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof relational and business-related documents
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce platform and database
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and cloud-based programs.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Proficient in internet research, tools and data analytics
- Experience building, testing, and deploying emails within the Mail Chimp Platform
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications/Marketing or Non-profit Donor Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in donor development, marketing and/or fundraising for a non-profit organization
- 3 years’ experience administering current giving programs
- Demonstrated experience writing effective donor communication and other marketing-related writing holding to the highest ethical standards of fundraising and on brand.
- Demonstrated track record in essential development skills: annual fund, direct mail, and retrieving and analyzing donor database reports.
- Cross functional project management and business administration experience a plus
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)