Position Title: Major Gifts Officer – Estate Planning
FLSA Status: Full Time – Exempt
Hiring Range: $ 60k to – 75k – DOE
We are looking for a Estate Planning Officer to join our Advancement Team. The Estate Planning Officer will oversee all aspects of gift annuity and CRUT distributions including processing and receipting, disbursements, and 1099 annual tax filings. Manages all aspects of donor advised funds and employee match program acknowledgments per financial asset manager directives ensuring accurate hard and soft coding in donor files, communications, and coding to ensure donor intent is honored and recorded accordingly. Manages all communications and cultivation with FLC listener to offer Estate Plan guides and support to increase donor giving in plan gifts to FLC. Responsible for Administers Estate Planning program. Develops and manages Estate Planning budget, seminar event development, targeting attendees in database, direct mail invitation coordination with Marketing Dept., coding for invitees/attendees and master seminar records and reports. Manages the Heritage Circle program.
- Works with Advancement & Stewardship Director and Marketing to develop Estate Planning monthly marketing strategy ensuring all aspects are executed including on air, receipt inserts, other print projects, newsletter articles, special President mailings for the Heritage Circle members and prospects.
- Manages event coordination for Major Gift Program and Estate Planning Seminars, which may involve overnight travel
- Educate and motivate FLR listeners toward substantial planned gifts, keeping abreast of laws, regulations, and techniques.
- Engage Listeners through webinars, seminars, and newsletters.
- Engage one on one with donor prospect about Estate Plan/legacy giving (includes Will, Trust, Gift Annuitants, Life Insurance, and IRA Rollovers).
- Increase donor base for future planned gifts.
- Cultivation of Heritage Circle Members to compliment major gift donor cultivation strategy via personal notes, phone calls, express appreciation of support and pray with our donors
- Manages Donor Advised Gift and employee match programs. Serves as ministry liaison with financial institutions to achieve the donors’ intent is honored.
- Manages attorney and financial planner network relationships and ensures new additions meet Christian and integrity ethics standards and adhere to FLC’s Statement of Faith.
- Manages Estate Planning Crescendo web page providing updates of e-Newsletters, testimonies, FLC developed videos and planned gift testimonies.
- Oversees the Estate Planning Bequest program. Manages ministry records of promised Bequests and provides acknowledgment to appropriate Estate Trustees. Processes Bequest disbursements as received from Estate Trustees and sends appreciation letter to Estate Trustee following receipt of gift.
- Supervise the processing of receipt for all non-cash asset gifts including contributions of stock, property and other pre-approved assets. Assures that Stock and IRA gifts deduction valuation, recording reporting and acknowledgment processes are compliant with IRS regulations.
- Maintains Estate Planning Will and Revocable Living Trust Guides, brochures, and resource inventory for all inquiries with follow-up calls to offer assistance or answer questions, research and assigns to major gift staff if qualified major gift current or planned gift prospect.
- Oversees the Heritage Circle program, research major and planned gift potential for major gift cultivation assignments, sends membership invitations, donor file management, manages benefits and recognition program and updates Heritage Circle plaque.
- Develops and manages Estate Planning budget.
- Champion Memorial Gift program and In-Kind Gifts program per In-Kind Gift policy & procedures. Document all donor or Business Partner interaction in Salesforce, noting important information pertaining to engagement strategy on a timely basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid relationship-building skills and integrity and a track record of ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures; includes ability to professionally interact with CEOs, Boards, business owners/leaders and high net worth individuals and to understand the needs and interests of major donors to develop relationships between them and the ministry
- Proven critical thinking ability and discernment skills of donor/prospects needs and development of moves management steps for alignment with stewardship opportunities
- Broad knowledge of the stewardship cycle (identification, research, introduction, assessment, stewardship, solicitation, reporting outcome of investments and planned giving options)
- Proven drive & ability to perform the “Ask”
- Ability and propensity to pray with and for our donors
- Professional comportment and ability to effectively represent FLC with integrity; requires maturity, poise, professionalism, social skills, discernment, and professional appearance
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize & perform multiple projects of complex work in a fast-paced work environment where only general policies or procedures are available
- Demonstrated high level organizational and event facilitation skills
- General knowledge of benefits of planned giving as an integral part of charitable giving, personal assets and gift options
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Proven, focused, & self-motivated starter; able to work independently
- Excellent communication & passionate presentation, writing & research skills
- Excellent administration, reporting, research analytical, and time management skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to compose notes following donor/prospect meetings that accurately reflect/recap response(s)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Ministry, Fundraising, Communications or another related field or equivalent education and/or experience
- Five (5) years of fundraising, donor relations experience personally securing major gifts
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and knowledge of development “best practices”.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s in Ministry, Non Profit Management, Communications or another related field
- CFRE or comparable fundraising certification
- Significant expertise within the geographic area’s funding community highly desirable
- Previous related work experience with a Christian, nonprofit organization
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)