Position Title: Executive Assistant
FLSA Status: Full Time – Exempt
Hiring Range: DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Executive Assistant will perform high-level professional administrative duties in support of the Advancement Department and the Broadcast Engagement Department. This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the departments, organizes and maintains files and records, calendar management, time-off calendaring system and travel coordination. Also provides basic administrative support to the directors of the departments.
- Performs various administrative functions including, but not limited to, preparing presentations, coordinating various meetings, compiling/disseminating agendas, attending meetings, taking minutes & action items, prepares/proofreads/edits correspondence/memos/reports, gathering/assembling quarterly board report information and other documents, maintains filing system, and coordinates travel for the Executive Director of Advancement, Chief of Broadcast Engagement, and department directors
- Manages the time-off calendaring system for the departments
- Maintains calendars including donor contact/action items calendar, and when needed represents Executive Director and Chief at meetings and in general communications
- Directs the preparation of administrative and financial reports; compiles, reviews & analyzes data for quality assurance/accuracy; prepares special reports such as monthly fundraising reports and other database reports, as needed
- Proactively supports Executive Director, Chief and Directors in budget management; is responsible for knowing budget status at all times. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures including authorizing expenditures in some cases
- Reviews and approves individual credit card expense reports prior to submission to business office
- Reconciles financial transactions; pre-approves expenditures, reviews expenditures for accuracy, prepares and processes purchase orders and other business transactions; examines monthly Statement of Earnings for unusual activity or misappropriated funds and notifies Chief of BE, Executive Director of Advancement and Directors of such
- Coordinates all of the departments business activities, maintains calendars, and represents Executive Director and Chief at meetings and in general communications in addressing issues; acts as liaison between staff and department heads on daily administrative activities
- Manages and implements all Department(s) activities (birthdays, staff meetings etc.) by coordinating with other departments for suitable meeting times and details of events
- Responds to management and department’s requests for information and resolves sensitive operational issues; operates with a high level of confidentiality
- Manages the Advancement and Broadcast Engagement calendar in Outlook, communicates department members’ staff vacations or other approved time-off as noted
- In collaboration with the Director of Stewardship, manages Thank You calling program including making calls to donors and assigning/tracking staff calls; in collaboration with the Executive Director of Advancement.
- Reviews department procedures and systems for efficiency; makes recommendations and implements appropriate changes and system improvements
- Interprets and implements FLC rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Document all donor or Business Partner interaction in Salesforce, noting important information pertaining to engagement strategy on a timely basis as applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills with skill in planning, coordinating and establishing priorities
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; able to communicate tactfully and professionally with all levels of internal and external customers
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting procedures and techniques
- Excellent calendar management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills including ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work both efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and make timely decisions
- Analytical skills to extract and verify data
- Strong attention to detail with ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with only general supervision, exercising sound and professional judgment
- Proficient in internet and other types of research
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit
- Four (4) years of progressive responsibility in an administrative support role with at least one (1) of those years being in an executive assistant support role
- Experience managing a budget for a business unit or department
- Previous experience in fund raising and/or working within a non-profit organization
- Non-profit and/or Christian ministry experience preferred
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)