Human Resources Manager – Tucson, Arizona
Full-time, Salary Exempt
The Human Resources Manager, in collaboration with the President, develops and executes Family Life Communications’ human resource strategy while ensuring alignment with the ministry’s mission, vision and values. This is a hands-on position.
- Oversees talent management which includes talent acquisition, employee development, succession planning; Partners with leadership to assess talent/skill gaps and strategize ways to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Conducts interviews and refers candidates for open positions. Conducts onboarding and new hire orientation. Processes all required paperwork associated with employment, wages and benefits, including but not limited to I-9s, E-Verify, taxes, insurance coverages and retirement.
- Utilizes workforce management strategies and data to ensure that organizational capacity is appropriate to meet established goals and benchmarks.
- Develops and implements the performance management system & processes; including evaluation, selection and day-to-day administration of web-based system.
- Trains and coaches management team in effective performance management and leadership skills.
- Supports managers and employees with appropriate counseling, conflict resolution, and investigations to foster a workplace environment consistent with the ministry’s values and mission.
- Responsible for legal compliance with Federal, state and local employment labor laws. Audits and ensures all employment records & practices meet required standards. Responsible for required EEOC and OSHA reporting.
- Monitors the use of outside labor; reviews, and regularly audits all independent contractor agreements (ICA’s) ensuring compliance with relevant DOL and IRS guidelines in coordination with the Finance Department.
- Stays abreast of changes and trends in human resources and employment law. Regularly reviews and makes recommendations to executive leadership for improvement of human resource policies, procedures and practices and any potential liabilities.
- Oversees and administers the total compensation program; includes conducting regular market analysis of wages, making recommendations for adjustments to pay grade structure and individual staff compensation, evaluating, and administering and making recommendations for enhancements or cost-saving measures as it relates to FLC’s benefits programs.
- Processes and monitors FMLA (and other leave requests) and workers compensation claims.
- Manages the staff exit process, conducts termination meetings, and exit interviews; facilitates final payments and employment change notices.
- Assists with developing and promoting a culture of servant leadership that is in alignment with FLC core values and beliefs; acts as a role model by demonstrating servant leadership and operating with a high level of integrity and respect for others.
- Develops and manages the department budget.
- Supervises HR Coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field, or equivalent education and work experience
- Five (5) years progressive experience in a broad range of human resource functions with at least three (3) years in an HR generalist or HR management role
- Proven expertise in talent management, learning & development, and workforce planning
- Proven experience effectively managing and advising leadership teams on complex HR matters
- Experience administering a web-based talent management system
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience developing and leading staff training opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge of employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development
- General understanding of business strategy and ability to translate into human resource policies, processes and programs that enable the ministry to achieve key objectives
- Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, analysis, project management, and influencing skills
- Ability to understand external factors and trends that affect and shape the ministry
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We care about our team and provide a competitive salary and affordable benefits package that make your life better. If you are interested, please send application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)