Position Title: Donor Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: $70K – DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
Family Life Communication is seeking an individual who is energetic, driven, self-motivated, and passionate about serving others. If multi-tasking, fast paced, project managing, and casting and executing strategy excites you then you are who we are looking for. The Donor Development Manager will lead our donor strategies, Sharathon fundraisers, project management and support for the growth of donor retention and cultivation.
- Strategic development and execution of plans to conduct successful network wide fundraising Sharathons. Includes corporate-wide oversight and direction of tactical activities/assignments, on-air messages/staffing, facilities utilization, support, and logistical coordination.
- Strategic development of lapsed, new, and reoccurring donor retention programs to include external telemarketing, marketing and internal team plans and workflows to execute strategies.
- Analyzes existing processes and policies for best practices, donor centered services, cost efficiency and effectiveness making recommendations for improvements as determined.
- Champions current giving strategies, monitors, manages, and evaluates current giving program; oversees and implements changes and enhancements that directly support ministry donor objectives.
- Coordinate with consultants/agencies on the execution of development-related donor communication, direct mail and email programs including cover letters, faith promise acknowledgements, receipts, and reminders that includes proofing, editing, and writing for touch points and deliverable s.
- Project manages the production and execution of strategic fundraising campaigns; develops campaign strategy and ensures all elements of the strategy are executed on time, on brand and with excellence including writing, editing, proofing all traditional and digital donor related projects.
- Manages and creates the recognition, appreciation strategy and reporting for current donors. Strategy includes but not limited to the development and creation of proposals, reports, concept papers and foundation grants, traditional and digital communication pieces, welcome series, thank you letters and appreciation touch points.
- Manages third party consultants/agencies to ensure consistent communication and strategies align with FLC brand, mission, vision, and values.
- Create and manage programs for donor and stewardship touches. Maintain and curate a database of graphics and photographs for use in communications materials.
- Support FLC fundraising endeavors, events and touch points for donor acquisition, cultivation, and prospecting.
- Donor data management, running reports, analyzing data, and creating strategies for improvement (i.e., retention rate, membership, patterns, and statistics).
- Work across departments to support and strategize on best practices to grow donor affinity.
- Analyzes and executes existing processes and policies for best practices, donor communication services, cost efficiency and effectiveness; makes recommendation for improvements
- Support the development of proposals, reports, concept papers and strategy documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of and demonstrated success in current giving/fundraising campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof relational and donor-related documents
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce platform and database
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and cloud-based programs.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Proficient in internet research, tools, and data analytics
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Non-profit Donor Management or related Communications field
- 5 years’ relevant experience in donor development and/or fundraising for a non-profit organization
- 5 years’ relevant experience administering current giving programs
- Demonstrated experience managing and editing effective donor communications and related deliverables, holding to the highest ethical standards of fundraising and on brand.
- 2 years demonstrated track record in essential development skills: annual fund, direct mail, and retrieving and analyzing donor database reports.
- Experience with leading fundraising programs in a Christian ministry and/or broadcast environment.
- Cross-functional project management and business administration experience a plus.
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)