Position Title: Major Gifts Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: $ 70k – 80K DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
Relocation offered: Yes
We are looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join our Advancement Team. Responsible for portfolio management of highest-level major donors. Executes identification, research, analysis, development of stewardship strategies for cultivating relationships that result in major gifts investment of five (5) figures or more and gifts as appropriate to the donor’s stewardship desires to accomplish ministry strategic initiatives
- Establishes personal contact with donors and potential donors as assigned; assessing capacity, propensity, and peer-to-peer ministry linkages, updating corporate records with information discovered according to established processes and procedures.
- Successfully manages an active portfolio of the ministries top major donors and prospects executing a stewardship cycle continuum of identification, cultivation, plan development, solicitation, and stewardship resulting in five to seven+ figure gifts, developing action steps to grow affinity to point of investment.
- Represents the ministry well with integrity and develops professional relationships in order to link donors and prospects with the Vision of the ministries of Family Life Radio and Intentional Living.
- Develops individual, corporate & foundation networks beyond the existing major gift donor and prospect base conducting individual, corporate and foundation donor or prospect interviews, meetings, and presentations as strategically approved.
- Grant writing for foundation supports through screening, researching, and applications.
- Identify major gift recognition and appreciation gifts and reporting for assigned donors and prospects. Administer appropriate system which includes: recognition calls, custom notes, follow-up letters for all meetings to thank them for their time and passion for what God is doing through the ministry.
- Provides timely reports on all major gift stewardship meetings, notes & call outcomes, dates & purposes, as well as assessing and executing the next stewardship advancement action to serve the donors’ stewardship investment cycle needs.
- Identifies and refers appropriate contacts for planned giving services or upcoming seminar invitations based on donors’ expressed needs.
- Document all donor interaction in Salesforce, noting important information pertaining to engagement strategy on a timely basis.
- Oversee the coordination for local major gift event logistics, invitation mailings, reminders, etc. as needed and assigned.
- Develops and maintains proactive automated system to manage special major gifts recognition opportunities (i.e., birthdays, key anniversaries, death of family member, holiday greeting, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid relationship-building skills and integrity and a track record of ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures; includes ability to professionally interact with CEOs, Boards, business owners/leaders and high net worth individuals and to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and the ministry
- Proven drive & ability to perform the “Ask”
- Ability and propensity to pray with and for our donors
- Professional comportment and ability to effectively represent FLC with integrity; requires maturity, poise, professionalism, social skills, discernment, and professional appearance
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Excellent communication & passionate presentation, writing & research skills
- Excellent administration, reporting, research analytical, and time management skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to compose notes following donor/prospect meetings that accurately reflect/recap response(s)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Ministry, Fundraising, Communications or another related field or equivalent education and/or experience
- Five (5) years of fundraising, donor relations experience personally securing major gifts
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and knowledge of development “best practices”
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application found on our career page and submit with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.