Location: Tucson, Arizona
Full-time, benefit eligible
Do you have a heart for people? Enjoy communicating and engaging with them about life through humor and authenticity?
We are looking for someone to come alongside our on-air team as we curate and program the content for our morning shows and programs. Delivering a message that provides hope, and helping people have fun and laugh with us, brings our audience closer to God. If this resonates with you, please review our and complete an application today.
The Morning Show Co-host encourages the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s ministry by affirming faith and demonstrating hope through the message of Christ. A key component of this position is to plan, organize and execute an engaging program that connects with our audience base and community throughout our national radio network.
- Develops and presents a daily, four-hour, listener-focused, Christ-centered morning drive program effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates the ability to share on the air from a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrates a capability of running the audio interface/soundboards and interacting with the technical environment; including pre-show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Makes personal appearances; serves as a liaison between the residents our networks community and Nurtures personal relationships with the listener on the air utilizing regular feedback from our teams and audience.
- Assists with other on-air talent functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes early mornings and weekend work)
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
- Assists in cultivating donor relations through personal touch points and communication
- Creates and manages written, spoken and post production content for our digital platforms and channels.
Family Life Communications Incorporated empowers people who have a real and vibrant relationship with Jesus. Each employee is a full-time ambassador of the Lord and of FLC, has a faith walk with Christ and is active in their church. All team members regularly participate in staff devotions as our duties allow, and we’re ready to pray with and provide biblical encouragement to those who need ministry.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) to five (5) years on-air experience as a show host
- Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition and Voxpro
- Basic experience working with the web and social media platforms
- General knowledge & experience using automation systems (i.e. Enco DAD, Zetta)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative, “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word & Excel
- Strong production and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use
- Must possess a passion for the morning drive and the communities in which the FLC network reaches
- Must be willing/able to travel and make public appearances, which includes over night and weekend travel & appearances
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license with clean driving record
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please complete the application below and send with cover letter, resume and air check to:
Family Life Communications Incorporated
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)