Non-Profit Fundraiser of Business Partnerships
This position is based out of Mid-Southern Michigan (Lansing, Detroit, Jackson, Flint, Midland), and is responsible for portfolio management in Michigan, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida.
We are looking for a Non-Profit Fundraiser of Business Partnerships to join our Advancement team in Michigan!
- Full-time, salary-exempt position
- Relocation assistance available
- Telecommuting permitted
We care about our team and provide a competitive salary and great benefits package that make your life better!
Non-Profit Fundraiser of Business Partnerships
This Director level position is responsible for portfolio management and growth of the Business Partner donors and prospects. Executes identification, research, analysis, development of stewardship strategies for cultivating relationships that result in major gifts investment generated through the Business Partnership Program. Writes project related proposals and ministry updates to support stewardship and solicitation needs. Requires excellent administration and organizational skills, proficiencies in all Microsoft Office applications.
The person in this position will enthusiastically network and research to enlarge potential prospect pool and secure funds. Requires travel within the region and ability to work some evenings and weekends.
The benefit of this position will be the reward of helping donors fulfill their passion to further the Kingdom through their gifts, giving them an opportunity to be excellent stewards.
- Builds relationships with current and potential Business Partners in the Eastern U.S., Michigan, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida; assessing capacity, propensity, and peer-to-peer ministry linkages, updating corporate records with information discovered according to established processes and procedures.
- Grows revenue generated by Business Partner Program in assigned territory.
- Assesses potential over-and-above major gift and/or project opportunities for Business Partners and presenting those opportunities as appropriate.
- Represents the ministry well with integrity and develops professional relationships in order to link donors and prospects with the Vision of the ministries of Family Life Radio and Intentional Living.
- Provides timely reports on all stewardship meetings, notes & call outcomes, dates & purposes, as well as asssessing and executing the next stewardship action to serve the donors’ stewardship investment cycle needs.
- Identifies and refers contacts for planned giving services or upcoming seminar invitations based on donors’ expressed needs.
- Documents all donor or Business Partner interaction in Salesforce, noting important information pertaining to engagement strategy on a timely basis.
- Develops and provides coordination for local major gift event logistics, mailings, reminders, etc. as needed and assigned.
- Participates in Team and One on One Meetings.
- Participates in all staff functions (i.e. weekly chapel, team building activities, etc.).
- Participates in Sharathons as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Ministry, Fundraising, Communications or other related fields or equivalent education and experience
- Five (5) years of fundraising, donor relations experience personally securing major gifts
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and knowledge of development “best practices”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid relationship-building skills and integrity and a track record of ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures; includes ability to professionally interact with CEOs, Boards, business owners/leaders and high net worth individuals and to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and the ministry
- Proven critical thinking ability and discernment skills of donor/prospects needs and development of moves management steps for alignment with stewardship opportunities
- Broad knowledge of the stewardship cycle (identification, research, introduction, assessment, stewardship, solicitation, reporting outcome of investments and planned giving options)
- Proven drive & ability to perform the “Ask”
- Professional comportment and ability to effectively represent FLC with integrity; requires maturity, poise, professionalism, social skills, discernment, and professional appearance
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize & perform multiple projects of complex work in a fast-paced work environment where only general policies or procedures are available
- Demonstrated high level organizational and event facilitation skills
- General knowledge of benefits of planned giving as an integral part of charitable giving, personal assets and gift options
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Proven, focused, & self-motivated starter; able to work independently
- Excellent communication & passionate presentation, writing & research skills
- Excellent administration, reporting, research analytical, and time management skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to compose notes following donor/prospect meetings that accurately reflect/recap response(s)
- Passionate about the ministry’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation
- Proactive in seeking help when complex or strategic direction is needed
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
We care about our team and provide a competitive salary and affordable benefits package that make your life better. If you are interested, please send completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)