Operations Technician – Part Time – Weekends
This position is based out of our Tucson, AZ location.
We are looking for a Part-Time Weekend Operations Technician to join our Team.
- 20-25 Hours Weekly
The Operations Technician controls, monitors and troubleshoots the automation, satellite, audio switching, and other broadcast equipment systems of the network, and local stations in order to ensure all systems operate in a manner that delivers indisputable excellence
- Respond to network local station traffic orders to affect changes in network local station playlists.
- Flawless operation of network Automation system.
- Flawless operation of network satellite Store-and-Forward monitor and alert system.
- Monitor the delivery and technical quality of the network satellite channel, perform basic troubleshooting and quickly alert the next level technician of issues that need to be elevated to the next level of support.
- Monitor the delivery and technical quality of FLC produced program, performs basic troubleshooting and quickly alert the program producers or next level support of any issues that need to be elevated to the next level of support.
- Perform quality assurance on voice tracked programming and alerts next level support of any issues that need to be elevated to the next level of support.
- Perform quality assurance on long and short form programming produced by outside organizations.
- Monitor strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts through the station monitoring software.
- Perform quality control on local station RDS displays.
- Assist the designated local station Chief Operators by examining station and EAS logs for accuracy.
- Prepare reports detailing technical discrepancies and resolutions.
- Maintains SBE, Station Triage and Store-and-Forward certifications.
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and training related to the position and department.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year degree or trade school certification in IT, Audio Engineering or related field, or equivelant education and experience.
- Two (2) years directly related experience including proven experience properly ingesting programming into automation/satellite systems.
- Proven experience troubleshooting IT-related issues.
- SBE Radio Operator certification, or ability to achieve certification within the first 90-days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, audio switching, control and operation of broadcast communications systems.
- Troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about them.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Reading comprehension skills with ability to understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Passionate about the ministry’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation
- Proactive in seeking help when complex or strategic direction is needed
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)