Position Title: Production Director
Department: Broadcast Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: $ 55,000 or DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
Family Life Radio has an exciting opportunity for a Production Director who will manage the production and delivery of all pre-produced elements for Family Life Radio in order to fulfill the programming strategy set by the Program Director. The Production Director is first and foremost a highly qualified radio producer for CCM radio. S/he manages the Production budget, in-house producers and contract talent, and manages the media created and archived in support of the on-air messaging.
Production & Production Management functions
- Creates and manages the Production Schedule and supervises/coaches the performance of the Sr. Production Editors, as well as contracted VO talent/producers.
- Create production as part of fulfilling projects and meeting deadlines in the Production Schedule
- Schedules, sets the agendas, and runs the daily Production Review meetings with the Program Director, and gains the PD’s approval of all scripts and finished production as part of managing production.
- Conducts performance management for the Sr. Production Editors.
- Delivers all production elements on schedule to the Traffic Manager. Interfaces with the Traffic Manager on a daily basis and cross-trains on Traffic, understanding how the different applications and documents within the Traffic system function.
- The Production Director uses the Media Asset Management system to ingest and track usage of production elements, and supports the goals and structure of the MAM system as set up by the Director of PAM. S/he assists the Director of PAM in sending and receiving audio assets with Marketing in order to coordinate cross-channel distribution.
- Organizes and self-manages the Production Schedule using project management software, delivering all projects on-time every time.
- Identifies, clarifies, and delivers the messaging objectives of all campaigns to assigned Sr. Production Editors; creates and manages the Production Schedule for all campaigns, coordinating production processes, due dates, and direct report’s schedules; assigns productions to the appropriate Sr. Production Editor and/or contractors and manages/coaches their performances. Supervises production for use in national and local broadcasts.
- Schedules and chairs production planning meetings, contributes creative ideas; writes scripts and creates audio productions using DAW software; submits scripts and productions to the Program Director for approval; writes weekly talking points for the show hosts. Interviews and edits listener interviews.
- Uses Traffic applications, documents, and procedures: Aquira and G-Selector, the MIDLITE local avails tool, program logs.
- Supervises, encourages and equips direct reports for the purpose of maximizing each individual’s commitment and contribution to the mission.
- Learns the functions of the Axle ai Media Asset Management system and demonstrates proficiency in using the system properly. Manages media inventories for Production’s and Marketing’s workflows. Creates and distribute transcripts. Supervise asset ingesting into the MAM system by Sr. Production Editors. Confirms assets adhere to technical requirements. Facilitate search and downloading of audio assets via the Axle system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative and innovative “out-of-the-box” thinker; demonstrates knowledge of effective, contemporary radio production methods, tools, and production styles.
- Knowledge and proven ability to edit audio utilizing multi-track editing software on a PC workstation; strong skills in using SONY Vegas and Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or equivalent DAW applications.
- Proven ability to write listener-focused scripts that engage people and meet the standards & expectations of the Program Director. Proven ability to direct voice talent performances
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, decision-making, and project management skills. Ability to plan and perform complex work in a fast-paced work environment where only general policies or procedures are available.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills using project management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents
- Strong business and creative presentation skills
- Self-motivated starter who sets and achieves personal objectives
- Proven “stickler” for details inherent in the operation of high quality production systems
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years professional, creative script-writing and radio production experience using multi-track DAW applications and PCs.
- Demonstrated experience in project management or equivalent organizational system.
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.