Position Title: Strategic Partnership Officer, Western Region US
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: $ 65K – 75K DOE
Location: Phoenix, AZ – Remote Position
We are looking for a Strategic Partnership Officer, Western Region to join our Advancement Team. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for portfolio management and growth of Western U.S. Business Partner donors and prospects. Executes identification, research, analysis, development of stewardship strategies for cultivating relationships that result in major gifts investment generated through the Business Partnership Program. Requires excellent administration and organizational skills, proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, and some travel within the region and ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Builds relationships with current and potential Business Partners in Western U.S.; assessing capacity, propensity, and peer-to-peer ministry linkages, updating corporate records with information discovered according to established processes and procedures.
- Grows revenue generated by Business Partner Program in assigned territory, meeting or exceeding projections.
- Assesses potential over-and-above major gift and/or project opportunities for Business Partners and presenting those opportunities as appropriate.
- Writes project related proposals and ministry updates to support stewardship and solicitation needs.
- Represents the ministry well with integrity and develops professional relationships in order to link donors and prospects with the Vision of the ministries of Family Life Radio and Intentional Living.
- Conducts networking and research to enlarge the pool of potential qualified prospects.
- Provides timely reports on all stewardship meetings, notes & call outcomes, dates & purposes, as well as asssessing and executing the next stewardship action to serve the donors’ stewardship investment cycle needs.
- As appropriate, identifies and refers contacts for planned giving services or upcoming seminar invitations based on donors’ expressed needs.
- Document all donor or Business Partner interaction in Salesforce, noting important information pertaining to engagement strategy on a timely basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid relationship-building skills and integrity and a track record of ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures; includes ability to professionally interact with CEOs, Boards, business owners/leaders and high net worth individuals and to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and the ministry
- Proven critical thinking ability and discernment skills of donor/prospects needs and development of moves management steps for alignment with stewardship opportunities
- Broad knowledge of the stewardship cycle (identification, research, introduction, assessment, stewardship, solicitation, reporting outcome of investments and planned giving options)
- Proven drive & ability to perform the “Ask”
- Professional comportment and ability to effectively represent FLC with integrity; requires maturity, poise, professionalism, social skills, discernment, and professional appearance
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize & perform multiple projects of complex work in a fast-paced work environment where only general policies or procedures are available
- Demonstrated high level organizational and event facilitation skills
- General knowledge of benefits of planned giving as an integral part of charitable giving, personal assets and gift options
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Proven, focused, & self-motivated starter; able to work independently
- Excellent communication & passionate presentation, writing & research skills
- Excellent administration, reporting, research analytical, and time management skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to compose notes following donor/prospect meetings that accurately reflect/recap response(s)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Ministry, Fundraising, Communications or another related field or equivalent education and/or experience
- Five (5) years of fundraising, donor relations experience personally securing major gifts
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and knowledge of development “best practices”
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)