Location: Tucson, Arizona
Full-time, benefit eligible
The Video Producer is responsible for shooting, editing and producing brand aligned videos for the ministry. This position plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output of a wide range of products, and performs other related duties as assigned. The Video Producer works cooperatively with team members to support department and ministry wide goals and objectives. The Video Producer is responsible for completing projects in a timely manner, and within budget constraints. May occasionally require travel and work during the evenings and weekends.
You will be surrounded by a team who will help and support you and share in your successes. You will work hard, BUT you will have FUN and encourage our listeners and our viewers! There is a great vibe in this place.
Family Life Radio Network is located in Beautiful Tucson, Arizona.
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing; utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts; compresses video projects for output; captures recorded video using software and encode media as appropriate; makes video products available in a variety of formats including DVDs or streaming media files
- Operates professional level cameras, lighting, audio production, and non-linear edit systems including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Adobe Photoshop graphics software
- Carries out a diverse variety of tasks associated with the production process which includes set and site preparation, coordination of talent and production crew
- Sets up and adjusts studio lighting equipment including fixed and portable tungsten lights; adjusts audio equipment including assorted lavaliere, cardioid and shotgun microphones; plans and directs assigned studio productions; oversees operation of small multi-camera studio
- Coordinates and manages video team members and or contractors, as needed, to assist with larger productions.
- Manages the ministry’s social video channels such as YouTube, Vimeo and video elements on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Manages our Facebook and live video streams, production and ensures the execution of outlets for quality and content control.
- Consults with department users to identify video production needs
- Conducts technical equipment troubleshooting and makes minor repairs when possible, works with outside equipment vendors to diagnose and correct problems, research and make recommendations on purchase of equipment
- Stays abreast of improved digital workflows, technologies and video production setups
- Leads discussion and planning of improved upgrades and software deployments
Each employee is a full-time ambassador of the Lord and of FLC, has a faith walk with Christ and is active in their church. All team members regularly participate in staff devotions as our duties allow, and we’re ready to pray with and provide biblical encouragement to those who need ministry.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, television, film production or related field
- Four (4) years professional experience as a videographer and editor in both studio and field environments
- Two (2) years professional experience using professional video equipment and software including broadcast quality cameras
- Experience with various video formats, technologies, and delivery requirements; voice-overs, selecting music beds, video capture and encoding; hardware and software required for video and audio conversion and compression
- Two (2) years of experience in all phases of video production for digital outlets and feature writing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling video productions with knowledge of and ability to use the latest in professional video equipment and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic video and audio production techniques including story-boarding and script writing, camera operation, lighting, logging, editing, audio recording and mixing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, balance conflicting demands and make production decisions and judgments to ensure the final product meets professional quality standards and critical timelines; includes ability to progress multiple video productions at various stages of completion
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work well with others in a creative team environment
- Able to adapt video productions for multiple playback formats (internet, TV, large screen, etc.)
- Able to negotiate and manage outside vendors/contractors on larger productions requiring additional staffing and equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to manage necessary legal and compliance requirements (licensing, releases, copyrights, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects and Adobe Photoshop graphics software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply techniques used throughout the production cycle; pre-production, production, and post-production
- Able to manage staff and volunteers who may assist with video productions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents
- Offsite video/audio support will be required at times; requires flexibility/ability to work extended work schedules depending upon event and/or workload
- Biblical knowledge and demonstrated personal Christian integrity in order to create appropriate campaign messaging
- Ability to travel; valid driver’s license/clean driving record required
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested, please send application with cover letter, resume and air check to: email@example.com
*No submissions will be considered without a completed/signed employment application.
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)