All I Want for Christmas is a Budget
Holiday spending shows our society has forgotten the real reason for the season.
Many of us go into to debt to buy Christmas presents.
Last year, 63% of Baby Boomers, 58% of Generation-Xers, and 40% of Millennials took on debt.
Most Americans plan to spend $660 this year.
Family Life Radio member Adam shares how he avoids the busy stores this time of year.
Chuck Bentley of Crown has some tips to help you avoid the holiday spending trap.
- Pray and seek guidance from the Lord
- Reset priorities and adjust lifestyle
- Renew your mind with truth
- Seek accountability with a trusted friend
- Plan ahead
- Pay cash
- Avoid social media
- Take an extra job to avoid debt
- Sell some items
- Build savings now for next Christmas