Jesus believed the greatest commandment was not only to love God but to love others. In Luke 10, He invited the inquiring teacher of the law to love with ACTION.
What if we do not have to travel far to get close to people who are distant from God? What if Christians were the best neighbors? Would your street change? Would Heaven be fuller?
Jesus: To love God with all your body and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself.
Us: Whoa there Jesus. I get the first part, but who is my neighbor?
Jesus: I do not think you get the first part. The second is like the first.
This month we want to hear from you! We all know someone who is in need of a special act of kindness. How can we love them? Nominate a neighbor you know who needs some practical help and why you would like to “Love Your Neighbor.” For example, it might be a widow who needs their lawn mowed, it could be that single mom down the street who needs a new heating/cooling system, maybe it is that unsung hero who helps everyone else, but they are in need their vehicle repaired. You get it…how can we help Love Your Neighbor.
It is easy…
- When we tell you – call 888-888-9976 and nominate a neighbor who deserves a special blessing. Tell us how you love your neighbor too.
- Kankelfritz and Friends: 7:40 AM MST Arizona/9:40 AM EST.
- Shannyn Caldwell: 9:30 AM MST Arizona/11:30AM EST.
- Peter Brooks: 3:00pm MST Arizona/5:00pm EST.
- In the meantime, Love Your Neighbors (not just the people living next door) – be kind, help, show God’s love by what you do. Go ahead, mow their lawn, take in their trash cans, plow their driveway, hang their curtains, babysit their kids, etc.
Be listening – we might be sharing YOUR story during Kankelfritz and Friends, Mid-Days with Shannyn Caldwell, and Afternoons with Peter Brooks March 1-19, 2021, if we share your story, your friend will be considered for the Grand Prize drawing. On Monday, March 22, 2021 we will share the Grand Prize and announce who will receive that special act of kindness.
For details and official rules, click here.
Family Life Radio