At Youth Haven, we’re more than a camp for at-risk kids. We’re part of their lives!
Our mission is to provide life-changing, Christ-centered experiences for disadvantaged children. This includes boys and girls living in foster care, single-parent families, or low-income homes, as well as children who have experienced abuse, neglect, gang violence, or even a parent in prison. We meet their needs and show them the love of Christ through free year-round programs, both on-site and off-site. This includes:
- A new kids’ website provides an online “haven” for kids, filled with activities, Bible stories, videos, and more!
- Kids’ Care Packs send food, hygiene items, activities, and small toys to children in need.
- Our free weekend and summer camps give troubled kids a chance to get away from their difficult circumstances and have fun with other kids their age.
- Virtual summer camps provide interactive activities, challenges, and more for kids who can’t be with us on-site.
- Follow-up initiatives provide birthday cards, newsletters, activity sheets, and personal notes for the children.
- Kids’ Club after school programs reach kids in local low-income housing communities
Through all of these methods, children learn they are loved, valued, and have the potential to do something great with their lives. Most importantly, they discover God loves them, created them for a purpose, and will never leave them, no matter what they might be going through.
At Youth Haven, hurting children find hope. And it’s life-changing!
Youth Haven was established in 1968 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that does not receive state or federal funding. The children we serve have limited resources and opportunities, so we provide these experiences to them free of charge. Love gifts from financial supporters show less fortunate children they are loved, cared about, and not alone!
Family Life Radio is a sister ministry of Youth Haven, dedicated to the same cause of sharing the Gospel message with those who need it. Since Youth Haven was founded in 1968, the relationship with Family Life Radio has been an incredible blessing and played an integral part of making people aware of our mission and the needs of the children we serve. We are grateful to partner together to reach children and families for Christ!
For further information and to get involved, visit Youth Haven.