Five Reasons to be Thankful
Hurricanes, tornadoes, landslides, volcanic eruptions … all speak of a world that is constantly shaken. The elements of the world today shake your life physically, financially, emotionally and relationally sometimes, but as a child of God, you can trust that His kingdom will never be shaken.
Let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.
─ Hebrews 12:28 ESV
May the verse today inspire you to think about your hope in Christ, the steadfast love of the Heavenly Father and the assurance of eternity with Him. No matter what life brings, you can always worship God and be grateful to Him.
Give thanks to God because your future rests on a sure foundation!
You can always be thankful for:
- God’s presence. He promised to always be with you (Joshua 1:9).
- Answered prayer. Before you ask, He will reply; before you speak, He will hear you (Isaiah 65:24).
- God’s provision. He is faithful to supply all you need (Philippians 4:19).
- Your sense of belonging to His family (John 1:12).
- God’s miraculous works in your life (Psalm 77:14).
You can withstand the shaking going on in this world around you because your future is built on a solid foundation that can never be destroyed.
Today’s One Thing
Take time today to think about the five reasons to be thankful. Choose one of these and spend five minutes speaking to God about your gratefulness!