Show Gratitude to Veterans
You’ve likely seen the words, “Freedom isn’t free,” but do you really know what it means? So many for so long have given so much for our freedom. And they continue to do so every day.
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
─ 2 Samuel 22:3-4 ESV
So, maybe you aren’t sure exactly what a veteran is? According to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, veteran refers to a “person who served in the active military, naval or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.”
Give veterans and their families the gift of prayer.
The prayer from our verses today is a great place to start. You can pray for:
- Their salvation – to know God as their rock, refuge, shield and savior.
- God the Father to make himself known to them in very personal ways.
- Veterans to see themselves as God sees them.
- People across this land to honor and value them for their service.
- Their health and for God to heal them in every area of life in which they have need.
- Their families.
If you are a veteran, thank you for your service. We pray you experience God’s love in mighty ways and know that we are grateful to you for all you’ve done to ensure our freedoms.
Today’s One Thing
Express your love and thanks to veterans by praying over them with the ideas above or in whatever way the Lord leads you today.