The Hope of the Holy Spirit
As a believer you have access to the comfort and power of the Holy Spirit.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
– Romans 15:13 ESV
The large wind chime hangs in hope of a gentle breeze. As the air reaches it with an invisible touch, the chime responds creating a soothing baritone ring and drawing the eye to its sway. You can see the movement and hear the musical tones. It brings to mind the work of the Holy Spirit. He is busy transforming the believer, and others only see the effects of the process.
The wind chime needs a breeze to function as it is intended to. You need oxygen from the air for life, just as your life in Christ depends upon the work of the Holy Spirit. Like a cooling gentle breeze, the Holy Spirit brings you help and comfort.
Life in Christ comes from the “oxygen” of the Holy Spirit.
The Bible describes the gift of the Holy Spirit when you receive Christ as a part of the Trinity: God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit:
- Is with you to help you forever (John 14:16).
- Teaches and reminds you what Jesus said (John 14:26).
- Convicts you of sin (John 16:8).
- Gives you power to abound in hope (Romans 15:13).
- Gives you power to be a witness for Christ (Acts 1:8).
- Helps with your weakness and intercedes for you (Romans 8:26).
- Gives you love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
You have all you need. Are you relying on the Holy Spirit? Or struggling to do things in your own strength? God has provided for you. You can trust Him.
Today’s One Thing
Thank God specifically for His provision of the Holy Spirit and for all you can trust Him to do.