Position Title: Chief Engineer
Department: Broadcast Systems Engineering
Reports to: Lead Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: – DOE
Location: Regional TBD
As a Chief Engineer you are responsible for the installation and maintenance of the ministry’s transmission equipment at all AM and FM station locations within the assigned region, in compliance with applicable FCC regulations and good engineering practice.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and upgrades broadcast equipment consisting of, but not limited to, AM/FM transmission systems, digital audio satellite uplink systems and associated equipment to ensure reliable operation from FLC’s Tucson broadcast center
- Serves as On-Call Engineer for assigned region and beyond assigned region as needed
- Responds to FLC technical emergency problems which may require overnight, weekend and holiday work, as needed
- Coordinates with the Lead Engineer, Chief Broadcast Systems Officer (CBSO), Broadcast Systems IT staff and contract engineers to ensure stations’ technical emergencies are quickly resolved
- Acts as FCC Designated Chief Operator to ensure compliance with FCC requirements for EAS and station logs
- Investigates interference issues; provides and implements recommendations for resolution
- Performs and documents preventive maintenance of all AM/ FM transmitter and translator sites that are under your care
- Provides instruction to applicable staff regarding technical operation of broadcast equipment and any systems changes, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of AM and FM RF directional and non-directional transmission system
- Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting satellite uplink systems including encoders, management, and control
- Current knowledge of FCC rules and regulations
- Proven ability to troubleshoot audio, and RF circuits to the component level utilizing schematic diagrams
- Proven ability to perform RF and/or audio proof of an AM and /or FM audio transmission system; if necessary, oversee third-party consultant.
- Proven ability to communicate and supervise engineering contractors and employee(s) toward specific measurable and timely results
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communications skills; well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to plan and perform complex work in a fast-paced environment where only general policies or procedures are available
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work at heights from ladders or similar equipment
- Ability to climb ladders and work in varying weather conditions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years successfully maintaining multiple high-power AM and FM transmission systems, including directional AM arrays, resulting in legal and stable technical performance meeting good engineering practices
- Minimum three (3) years with network or station group engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of satellite uplink experience
- SBE Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer™ – (CBRE™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- SBE Certified AM Directional Specialist™ – (AMD™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer™ (CBNE™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement.
Career opportunities that will challenge, develop and reward you!Application Download Word Document Application Download PDF Document Fill Out Online Application
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.