Position Title: Chief Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt-FT
Hiring Range: TBD – DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the installation and maintenance of broadcast equipment systems utilized at the Tucson Broadcast Center and at FLC AM and FM transmission in compliance with applicable FCC regulations and good engineering practice.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and upgrades broadcast equipment consisting of, but not limited to; audio routing, systems, consoles, program delivery automation systems, digital audio satellite up link systems, AM/FM transmission systems, and associated equipment to ensure reliable operation from the Tucson broadcast center; with direct support of systems outside of Arizona required or necessary
- Serves as On-Call Engineer on a rotating basis with Engineering staff; responds to FLC technical emergency problems with FLC stations at any of our locations; may require overnight, weekend and holiday work, as needed
- Coordinates with the CBSO, Lead Engineer, Broadcast Systems staff and FLC contract engineers to ensure stations’ technical emergencies are quickly resolved
- Shares the responsibility with Engineering staff the duties of FCC Designated Chief Operator to ensure compliance with FCC requirements for EAS and station logging with the procedures established by the Broadcast Systems Department
- Investigates interference issues; provides and implements recommendations for resolution
- Performs and documents preventive maintenance of the Tucson Broadcast Center systems as well as all AM/ FM transmitter and translator sites
- Provides support and back-up to all sites, the Broadcast Engineer/IT Specialist on our Broadcast I.T. systems equipment that is part of the Tucson Broadcast Center
- Provides instruction to applicable staff regarding technical operation of broadcast equipment and any systems changes, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to troubleshoot audio, and RF circuits to the component level utilizing schematic diagrams
- Proven ability to perform RF and/or audio proof of an AM and/or FM audio transmission system
- Knowledge of AM and FM RF directional and non-directional transmission systems
- Highly skilled in configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining radio studio systems including on-air telephone systems, microphone processors, digital audio routing and console systems
- Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting satellite up link systems including encoders, management, and control
- Solid knowledge of radio station recording storage and playback systems
- Ability to lead and supervise engineering contractors and employee(s) toward specific measurable and timely results in a Christ-like manner
- Current knowledge of FCC rules
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communications skills; well-developed organizational skills
- Proven ability to plan and perform complex work in a fast-paced environment where only general policies or procedures are available
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work at heights from ladders or similar equipment
- Ability to climb ladders and work in varying weather conditions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years successfully maintaining multiple high-power AM and FM transmission systems, including directional AM arrays, resulting in legal and stable technical performance meeting good engineering practices
- Minimum three (3) years with network or station group engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of satellite uplink experience
- SBE Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer™ – (CBRE™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- SBE Certified AM Directional Specialist™ – (AMD™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer™ (CBNE™) or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer an exceptional benefit plan to include the following: Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days, 401K – Company Match, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, Company Paid STD & LTD.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement. If interested please completed application with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Application Form (WORD)
(MS Word Format, 220KB)
Download Job Application Form (PDF)
(Adobe Reader Format, 42KB)
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.