Afternoon Show Host/Podcast Host
Position Title: Afternoon Show Host/Podcast Host
Department: Broadcast Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hiring Range: TBD Competitive – Relocation Assistance
Location: Tucson, AZ
SUMMARY: The Afternoon Show Co-host/Podcast Host encourages and connects interactively with the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s mission to affirming faith, providing hope and encouraging growth in Christ. Develops and presents an engaging Afternoon drive program; produces digital content including podcasting, video, social media interaction as well as makes personal appearances to promote the program and the ministry.
- Develop and present a daily, listener-focused, Christ-centered Afternoon drive program; effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Hosts a weekly and possibly a daily podcast on specific topics that help people live an intentional life in Christ.
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates a capability of running the board and interacting with the technical environment, including pre-show prep of recorded elements e.g., spots, bits and promos
- Creates and presents digital content such as podcasts, video messaging, social media interaction
- Makes personal appearances.
- Voice tracks weekend program
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes late afternoons and weekend work)
- Oversees the operations of the network, maximizing our on-air quality.
- Builds relationships with the listener on the air and in digital platforms utilizing consistent interactive feedback from listeners.
- Encourages and equips the on-air ministry team including participating in recruitment, selection, training, development, performance evaluation, documentation and discipline of all Programming Department staff in accordance with Ministry policy and procedure and in compliance with applicable federal, state and municipal law. This includes regular analysis of air checks of all network and local announcers.
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory, and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Ability to work within an on-air team and in the community, seeing through each campaign or assignment
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Proven to be creative “out of the box” thinker.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify what is “top of mind” of our target audience.
- Demonstrates the ability in interacting with the technical environment of the station or network.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact on the digital platform including audio and video outlets
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate a biblical worldview to our target audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain a team atmosphere with all members of the program team.
- Ability to lead and manage a team for successful accomplishment of ministry objectives.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof business documents.
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use: RCS (scheduling), RRC (Arbitron)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Broadcasting or related field or equivalent education and experience;
- 5 years directing music and programming at Christian music formatted radio stations;
- 5 years of radio station (or network) hosting of music shift;
- 5 years increasing management responsibility.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- On-air announcing ability to perform the Preeminent Standard of Interactive Broadcast Ministry.
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to furthering Family Life Communications mission as a faith-based organization.
- Agree to uphold Family Life Communications statement of faith.
- Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and Ethical Positions Statement.
- Faithfully attend and financially support a local church whose beliefs agree with Family Life Communications.
We offer exceptional benefits!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement.
Career opportunities that will challenge, develop and reward you!Application Download Word Document Application Download PDF Document Fill Out Online Application
Family Life Communications Inc. EEO Statement
Family Life Communications Incorporated is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or ancestry.
Applications will be accepted only for open positions. Download an application here.
Any applicant with a disability, who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application process in order for them to participate, should inform the Human Capital Resource Management Department.