By Dr. Randy Carlson
As Christians, each one of us needs to put money in its proper perspective. That starts by giving it away.
Nothing is more fulfilling to you spiritually or emotionally than when you’re able to benefit someone else’s life by following these biblical principles:
- “Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.” (Matthew 5:42 NIV)
- “Give, and it will be given to you… for with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38 NIV)
- Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give… for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV)
One first step you can take today is to give the first part of your income back to God’s work. Start with your church, and then support an organization you see is meeting people’s needs in Jesus’ name.
And if you can’t give 10% of your earnings right now, that’s okay. Begin with some percentage and watch your faith grow.
You can get more biblical insight on how to better handle your finances through the Intentional Finances teaching and other resources available at The Intentional Life Store.
Also in this issue:
- You’ll help kids in poverty experience hope
- You’re helping listeners like Karsen find ‘there is always hope’ in Jesus
- Plan ahead to get peace of mind and help others
- What are your favorite ‘mom memories’?
- You’re invited on the Intentional Living Washington D.C. and Museum of the Bible Tour October 10–16, 2018